Tuesday, April 27, 2010

3,000 Miles

museumvalley-0403

We recently took a road trip to Arizona, where we visited my grandmother and met my husband's sister at the Grand Canyon. It was about 1,500 miles each way, and we took it slowly, spending nights in small-town hotels, swimming in the pools to give the girls a break, and planning stops every few hours. I had a marvelous time Alhamdulillah.

I'll be posting some pictures from the trip in the next few days. I had a wonderful time with my camera, and at least in the first few batches of pictures, I went a little crazy with Lightroom presets. I don't think too much processing is my style though, so maybe in a few weeks or months I'll ease off the effects once they're out of my system.

The first "real" place we stopped, after two days of driving through barren Texas and southern New Mexico, was Tucson, AZ. We caught the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum an hour before it closed.

browntreetucson-1
There were all kinds of interesting desert plants. I wish we could have stuck around longer.

elephanttree-5
The Elephant Tree. I couldn't stop taking pictures of this odd little tree.

iguana-0372

And an iguana (I think), for my husband, who always hopes I would take more pictures of the different creatures we see on our trips.

6 comments:

  1. That picture of the iguana is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lool mesam. i *luv* the first and last pic. love the green in the cactus picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pictures are very powerful alhamdulillah!

    http://minara-homeschoolhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful masha Allah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travelers planning on staying in a capsule hotel can expect access to vending machines at the very least.

    Pousada Do Rio Quente

    ReplyDelete